Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hog Wild Festival

I had a blast at the Hog Wild Festival yesterday.  Getting up before dawn and being out in the rain all day was totally worth it.  I got to see some really cool booths and meet some really awesome people.  To the left of my booth was a booth trying to raise money to construct a memorial in front of the courthouse for local veterans.  Their goal is to have enough money raised to unveil it on Veterans Day this year.  They were great company throughout the day.

Down from them was a booth by 2 Sisters and a Brush.  They were custom-making t-shirts along with very cute distressed items.  Here's a few pictures of their booth they posted to Facebook.


They made my booth look quite empty and boring.  But I was happy with how it turned out for my first set up.  Looking at it now, I realize that there was a lot of brown-on-brown-on-brown action.  I think for my next show, I will either paint my baskets to match my tablecloth, or line them with fabric that matches.  For my next show, I will also have more products, as I will have my body butter there as well and perhaps some lip balms and lotion bars.





I was really glad that I thought to leave my tent's walls attached to the tent and just roll them up. Many times throughout the day, I had to let down them to keep my products from getting wet.  Everyone around me was commenting how smart it was and how they wish they had walls on their tents as well.  The booth to my right, which had really cute wooden designs, decided to pack up and leave after the second shower.  Too bad they did, because it was after that when everyone came.  Before then, I was afraid that I wasn't even going to make back my booth fee, but between showers, I more than tripled that!  I think it was a really good turn out for a rainy day and my first show.  I can't wait for the next one!

Shop Rustic Silk Soaps on Etsy!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool blog...found you on Etsy. Added you to g+.
    Love the name...Rustic Silk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Croppin' Spree. Thank you for looking. I love your work on Etsy! Beautiful stuff!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete